Monday 7 January 2008

ALL FUR COAT AND KNEE KNICKERS

Following the completion of my book and its publication on line, I have continued to write on a variety of topics that are still relevant to an understanding of the problems faced by voice hearers. In particular, I have tried to promote an understanding of the total phenomenon that normally goes under the heading ‘voice hearing’. I have assembled a total of eleven articles and essays in Chapter 16 of the book, and recently I have posted numbers Ten and Eleven.
Article Ten is entitled “Two Fools” and is a study of mood creation, dominance and oppression, physical presence, compulsion, addiction and paranoia, together with aspects of manic depression. All of these, I claim, can be included with voice hearing as the unwanted effects of spiritual intrusion. In this article I leave out hearing voices, having described my experiences thoroughly in my book and concentrate on the remainder - the ‘silent intrusions’ – trying to promote understanding and ways of coping and supporting.
Article Eleven has the title given above – “All Fur Coat And No Knickers” – which appears to have no relevance at all to mental health! I was impelled to write the article after learning of the experiences of a young friend who has been saddled with a diagnosis of ‘dissociation of personality’. If you are unfamiliar with this term, it is what was formerly called ‘multiple personality disorder’. Even this latter term has a chequered history, and the some are convinced that ‘dissociation’ is a construct of the North American psychiatric ‘industry’, and that the condition does not exist at all. Conversely, I am convinced that much of what happens to my friend can be explained as being the result of adverse spiritual intrusion. I know, I can equally be accused of seeing ‘spiritual intrusion’ in many mental health problems. All I can say is that once this has been experienced, knowing with certainty that it is happening, the results can be identified in other people as they describe what is happening inside their minds and bodies.
I urge you to read the articles – Eleven follows on from Ten, and the two should be read in sequence – and hopefully you will want to read the complete book, knowing as you read that my whole purpose in writing is to increase understanding of these conditions and phenomena that I now have experienced continuously since 1979. (And please tell others about my website
And finally, why 'knee knickers? To find out, I'm afraid that you will have to read the complete article. So, why not?

No comments: